Witness the world’s greatest wildlife spectacle – up close!
The seemingly endless plains of the Serengeti host one of the world’s greatest displays of animal migration. Nothing can prepare you for the sheer number of animals which descend upon the area in a pilgrimage in search of food and water. Up to 1.5 million wildebeest and zebra perform this large-scale migration. Not surprisingly, there are large numbers of predators ready to contribute to the circle of life.
Maasai pastoralists also live in the Ngorongoro Conservation Area, tending their herds of cattle, sheep and goats. There is fossil evidence to suggest this area has been occupied by homids for at least 3 million years.
Our Tanzania safari combines four of Tanzania’s prime National Parks and Game Reserves and include:
- Lake Manyara – a birding paradise (with more than 380 species), and the forests are one of the best places to see leopards. Lions hunt on the grassy shores of the lake, and are known for their unusual habit of climbing trees.
- Serengeti National Park – famous for its vast migratory herds of animals. Huge herds of wildebeest, zebra and antelope dominate the park during the Serengeti Migration. This migration means the Serengeti is one of best parks in Africa to see lion, leopard, cheetah and other predators hunting prey.
- The world-famous Ngorongoro Crater, the largest intact, unflooded caldera in the world, Ngorongoro is a haven for one of the largest permanent concentrations of large mammals in Africa. Lion and hyena are plentiful.
- Tarangire National Park is home to large herds of elephant and has spectacularly scenic baobab woodland. A seasonal migration of wildlife is concentrated here in winter.
- Accommodation varies from large lodges to small fixed tented camps and mobile tented safaris. Walking safaris as well as game drives in open vehicles and night drives are offered.
Spend time in luxurious and private tented camps; the most exclusive way of getting close to the true essence of safari.
See what we see! View our client’s videos here.